8

I have uncertain feelings now. (What, you gonna talk about the scholarship thingy again? LOL) Yea, scholarship. Nope either. It's about the university itself. I've read the following from Dr. Pagavalan's Avatar, and i believe you will understand too after you read it.

Note: This is adapted from http://pagalavan.com/2011/05/21/is-this-a-joke-psd-students-among-100-in-first-intake-for-johns-hopkins/

Is this a Joke? PSD students among 100 in first intake for Johns Hopkins

May 21, 2011 by Pagalavan Letchumanan

I really find this report in The Star today (2nd page) as a big joke and our PM does not seem to know what he is talking about !! Come on, ” the university’s opening would send ripples through the region and be a “phenomenal lure”, adding that it would also attract students from as far as the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent. I mean, really , does he know what he is talking about ?

First of all this is NOT John Hopkins University. It is Perdana University and the degree offered is also from Perdana University with a small caption saying ” in collaboration with John Hopkins University”. Thus, it is NOT an internationally recognised degree. So, how in the hell does this university going to send ripples through the region and be a “phenomenal lure”!! I wonder!

Secondly, it has not even been accredited by the Malaysian Medical Council but the government is willing to send students under JPA scholarship !! WTH!! it is like forcing MMC to accreditate the medical school by hook or crook. As usual , MMC will be a toothless tiger!

Lastly, I thought this university suppose to be a graduate medical school, meaning that you need a basic degree before enrolling into their medical programme. May I ask how SPM leavers going to enter this medical school with JPA scholarship without having a basic degree? Am I in some dreamland ? Unless you are talking about JPA scholars post basic degree, which is rather unlikely.

I seriously think Najib does not know what he is talking about. Medical schools are different. Untill today, Monash Malaysia is not even recognised in Singapore. I can assure you, Perdana University will also be the same. Having a collaboration with John Hopkins does not change anything. In US, everyone need to sit for an entrance exam irrespective where you graduate from.

Just face it, John Hopkins is here to make money and to benefit their research projects by using patients from Malaysia and the region who are still naive about medical research unlike in US. And our local private medical school under the name of Perdana University is also here to make money. Whose money? tax payers money! I can assure you that most of the students will be JPA or MARA sponsored. Building grandiose buildings does not mean anything without good human resource. Where are they planning to get the academics from, other than pinching from the nearby medical schools!

Please read Page 19 of this Berita MMA(Jan 2011) on an interview with CEO of Perdana University http://www.mma.org.my/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=Ev5%2bl9i9XNM%3d&tabid=70


Currently many of my friends are applying for the uni. Including Zi Hern, Vicky, Jing Kun and JPA even sent the invitation to Chee Wei who applied for Economics for JPA too. This doesn't make sense at all. I am firm with my stand that I won't apply for it, but then it is a right thing to remind others right? So i did post something on my status. But how would everybody accept in a short time. Hope what i done is a right thing to do. God please, fulfill my dream to be in UM Medicine. Thank you BIG MAN.

PS: Jing Kun is advicing me to take up the chance and apply. Haih how can i ?
PPS: I wanna sleep early and get up early! And start my medicine studies after 15th July. Fingers-crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's up to you to say now.