The Dead Bird

"Tark...Tark...Tark...Thum!"
I opened my sleepy eyes. I glanced at the floor. What the hell is that?

A bird. My goodness... Lying on the floor. Static.
My tired brain was probably jamed. I took a look at the clock. 5 am.
Let's just ignore it and sleep for a little while more.

A scream awakened me once again. It's Michelle, my roomate.
"Yin Zhien! I'm so scared! What's that?"
"A bird. Just sleep now. We manage that thing later k? I'm so sleepy..."
"I don't want! It's just so scary!!!"
"Okey," I surrendered. "I just go and get some help from outside okey?"
"Outside? What outside?"
"Outside our room. Get some help from other schoolmates."
"Really? Then you let me to get out from this room first."

Michelle had her highest speed and slipped out of the room. Followed by Shi Hui.
My goodness. A dead bird. After I switched on the lights, I saw it. A grey coloured dove.
Quite a big bird. Its feather was all grey with some green ones at its tail. Wow.

I walked to the utility room. (The place we iron our clothes and heat water with four plugs there)
Kecik was there. "Kecik, nak mintak tolong boleh tak? Ni, ade burung yang termasuk kat bilik,
lepas tu terkena kipas da mati. Tolong sapukan boleh tak?"

Kecik followed me to the room. At that moment only I discovered te bird's wing had been cut down by the blade of the fan!
The bird's body laid down in front of my locker, its wing at the empty bed in our room.
How horrible! It didn't move. No blood. Sort of weird.
I recite some prayers for it.
Luckily with Aqilah and Atikah Masdar's help, the bird had been cleared.
I... I... I dumped it into the bin.. T_T How cruel...

Well, the bird did gave us a big shock, an exhausted day due to lack of sleep.
I learnt to remember to untie the curtains during night time.
Shi Hui was kind of weird how the bird gets in.
I found one stripe of black liquid on the window.
Feathers all around the room.

We told the incident to Mama Ju, our additional mathematics teacher.
She asked us whether we buried it or not. Oooops...
Pity for that grey dove. God bless. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's up to you to say now.