TET Day 1: Checking in Taiwan
I was actually quite inspired when I read Timothy Teoh's dayre when he went to Jordan and kinda did an everyday travel log like sooo interesting - so I was thinking if I can do one during my elective trip to Taiwan too :)
Ok lah not that ambitious I guess, just figured that trip that I didn't write about tend to just fade away
TET = Taiwan Elective Trip ahaa
Prologue:
Two of my friends and I were accepted into Taipei Veterans General Hospital for electives for 2 weeks :) Hmm okay don't wanna talk about the application part - so after sleepy plannings after our tiring elective project work - here we go at 29.11.2014 :D Hmm nope I have no such determination to post photos and upload photos in instagram and facebook and blog everyday - so it's a delayed release hahaa :)
I wake up 29.11.2014 at 7am because I FREAKING LEFT MY LUGGAGE UNPACKED BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT. Hmm things are complicated last night - but I do have a list of what to bring and I was just thinking today morning will be just collect-things-according-to-list-and-dump-it-inside @@
And when I open up the green luggage belonged to ZhiXi that I PROUDLY BRUSHED with all energy I had yesterday - I was so damn freaked out because THERE IS ACTUALLY STUFFS INSIDE. A bag, and another bag with a lot of tissue papers. All wet T_T Even the water proof layer inside the luggage was wet. :/
And at that moment of time mom helpfully woke up from sleep. And patiently helped me to look for another luggage and helped me with packing, and vacuumed my winter clothing up into the bag. I love you mom. Always.
It was just in time when I finally pack all stuffs up (luckily bro woke up too, and gave some suggestions to me on how to just use the vacuumed bag as a layer and stuff other clothes and shoes on it) and finished gulping down my breakfast - we are off to airport.
Freaking headache on the way to airport - who will expect a starting of trip like thisss
Mom and dad only managed to drop me off at the side of airport - and i'm all on my ownn. Argh when I go in my friends were inside already - waiting for me at the check in counter :s My friend's brother was there too, he helped us to label our luggage as fragile (because stethoscope is inside) and told us that Hong Kong airport is darn big so be prepared to run later.
And we were on planeeee. Head was freaking in pain and tried to sleep but when it's time to distribute meals on plane the seats were straightened up and it's so hard to sleep :/ But however I did spend the time when my seats are up to finish 'Begin Again' :) (Keira Knightley was so pretty)
![]() |
| And hi airplane meal after 9 years ahhaaa. Can't quite stand a meal without vege though :/ |
Airplane food isn't very tasty because our sense of smell and taste decrease by 20% to 50% while flying.”
— Classified Facts (@classifiedfact) January 3, 2015
I don't know, but the flight to Hong Kong and to Taiwan was quite awful - I was feeling nausea and restless urgh. And having to board the plane for two times was so tiring :s I actually got searched at the Hong Kong customs because I forgot to remove my handphone outta my pocket and went through the metal detector. So stupid i cannot stand myself. When we arrived at TaoYuan Airport it's already 8 something near to 9 at night. Bought Fareastone simcard (eh i highly recommend this company! Bought at NTD900 for a month of unlimited data supply and free NTD450 worth of call) and called miss W for our checking in procedures. Got on a cab to reach Taipei city (apparently Taoyuan is like an hour away from Taipei :O) - and the driver uncle was so proud of his new car - said there's only two of them in the whole Taipei city and we are boarding one of it :O He roughly introduced the toll system of the highways (which deducts your money silently when you pass through the detector at whatever speed) to us and told that coming to Taiwan for exchange in medicine is the best choice of all - well we hope so :/ Headache sleepy nervous for what will happen soonnn ergh. From the uncle we learnt that only taxis at the airport can pick customers to their destination from the airport - other taxis can only do the 'to airport' trip :O
| See how Rux's camera working seamlessly in low light condition. Yeah. I am amazed. Oh ya this was the taxi. GPS, Speed detector, traffic updates, and an invisible toll paying system. Cool. |
And maybe because the uncle helped us with our bags when we reached the hostel. :) But the whole trip was like NTD1100 sobs.
Waited for Miss W to come and hand us our keys - and there she was - a 30s looking lady with her helmet - but I just really think that she's quite business minded because by accepting us in during the weekends she got to ask us to pay NTD700 more per person :O And we thought that it was a standard procedure but she said there's no receipt for it.
Okay then we know where the money is going to. So obvious kannn.
But okaylah we still willingly handed in the money because she showed us around the hostel area and told us about some transportation information and stuffs. But then it still felt awkward when she told us "Okay that's all with intro. Now I want my money." with a big grin. Ergh.
![]() |
| A glimpse of the room. Hi room for two weeks. Hi. PS: that's my new coat from Uniqlo yeay. Like it because it reminded me of the smelly towel I used to hug when I was small. So niceee to touch hahaa. |
And bro's universal adapter can't fit in tightly at the socket lol. It just sorta hang there and when you pull the wire a bit harder the thing pulled off. Hahaaa we got quite annoyed actuallyyy
It's time to rest and charge camera and we will be going out tomorrowwww yeayy zzz
#TETDay1 #tired #letssleep
Saturday, November 29, 2014
|
Labels:
Travel (&Food)
|





No comments:
Post a Comment
It's up to you to say now.