Peeeeeee Ehmmm :)
PM. Pembantu Mahasiswa. The student's helpers during Orientation Week? Well that's the only thing i knew about them. The bunch of people that guided us through all the tiring crap during the week. Until the two weeks before the study week starts. Kim Yeong literally called me down to the lobby of the college to ask me whether I wanna join. I was interested, to be honest.
Well many would see this as a thing as a hmm.. i would say guaranteed option of obtaining a place in the college, but believe me or not, it's different. I'm insane, to be frank, to had been messed myself up considering pulling out after I submitted my registration form and attended the interview. I've been thinking of excuses, to cover up my.. decision.
Bryant gave us briefing about how the college system works, how the college CC works, how the university election system works, and I would be lying if I said this is easy to accept. When you go deeper, you see darker sides of things. (Well maybe not darker, but I was seriously shocked that time =O Imagine explaining all that to a Lubuk who had only room and medic fac and outings her life? =p)
(So I might be a little too serious in the above paragraphs =*)
why I decided to join in the end?
1. I think I most probably would had been tried my best effort to pass my first year (So maybe i will have longer holidays so i can join?)
2. I didn't join famine 30 so I wanted to find something to fill up my holidays (well this might be true)
3. I'm insane to wish to try out an activity which will heavily reduces my sleep time (Sooo true)
4. I wanna meet juniors and have fun! =D
So there goes my phase II camp of PM training without the phase I - our master had to delay it due to our exams =S We had it in Economics faculty =) It was the second day after my super tiring Part B exams and Leong Hooi's birthday - and much of it are the roles of Pm, and talks and programs to instil the qualities of leaders in us. It's great to see every Pm from each college gathering together and being trained - and this literally gave us chances to learn other colleges' cheers =) Had known much friends which are funny - and we had rocked the sukaneka competition with our 'Astagar' cheers =p We had our felos from each college to be our facilitators to carry out the LDKs (latihan dalam kumpulan).
We had approximately 2 weeks plus of gerak kerja after that - and I was relieved to check that i passed my first year ♥ Everyday's activities are routine - starting from waking up at 5 something in the morning to be present at the dining hall to discuss the Moral sessions stuff (but we slept almost everyday, you just can't withstand the tiredness), sports, breakfast, work, lunch, rest, mock LDK sessions, sports, dinner, rest, night meetings, work and cheer practice sessions. It's so true to say that i can fall asleep before i finish setting my alarm =/ But everyday was fun with everyone around =D We joked and laughed almost everyday at the 'kentut cair' joke by Aniss =D
Well if you are interested to know what 'work' do I mean, I can explain a little. My job was actually just letters. All kinda all sorta letters. To rent, to borrow, to ask for permission, to request literally anything. We have Biro Kerohanian to conduct the religious sessions, Registration Bureau to handle all about floor plan and documents for registration, Food and accomodation bureau to handle the food menus and rooms; Technical bureau to handle speakers, videos, cameras, name tags, door tags etc etc; discipline bureau to handle of course discipline and last but not least, the protocol bureau to handle the sessions with VIPs and guests and professors. =) We are proudly led by Jebat - which is also a funny weirdo who has a mickey mouse doll to sleep every night. Oops.
So finally we are all ready to go to the Phase I camp of our own college - at Janda Baik =) The camp was an enjoyable one, as we are having our training in such a beautiful site - and it was so darn cold at night =S Had our team building games there before our real formal presentation to the master. However I get really uncomfortable when one of my teammates actually accuse other group's member for hiding the clue of our explorerace when we lose. Well, my point was - it's just a game man, why accuse others? It's our fault that we are not alert enough and gets uneasy quickly when we faced obstacle in the game =/ But despite that, I liked the place hell much! There's a rabbit farm there (ohmygodd seriously cute) and we went to the river for water session =p Hehe.
Well although the felos and master are expecting more and more from us (which actually stressed some of us up) and there are still MUCH uncertainties of the coming new students' orientation - it's the end of the part of training and my holidays are starting REAL! =D (Heading to Taman Negara Woohoo =) )
Sunday, July 15, 2012
|
Labels:
Stories
|





No comments:
Post a Comment
It's up to you to say now.