E.R.A.S.E

Coming to think of it, we are insane. Starting from a random idea developed by Rachel (which is to hug people on the street randomly and upload some pictures to facebook) and telling it to half asleep Teng Shin in the lecture hall (this is what he said in his speech, LOL), a thought of 'Why don't we make it big?' came out. And this is how it became - a 2-day event in Berjaya Times Square entrance, collaborating with MAC, Pink Triangle Foundation, getting sponsors from Google +, Amber Chia Academy, departments in UMMC and everything went BIG.

What a waste that I wasn't there for the first day and missed all the events arranged by the planners, such as Clora Studio, EPSILON, Ten Thousand Talents and UM Chinese Composing Unit performances (all bands, i know), well was probably walking tiredly in the big selling area of Padang Besar in Perlis that time -,- But well i did came on the second day and had my Ooh and Aahs on what they did =) I would say giving free hugs is an awesome experience =D It's basically going around with a they-call-it-sandwhich-board kinda thing and asks for hugs and see how others react to you. I had the honour to meet some couples and friends that allow me to hug them one by one (how nice was that! =) ) and some random aunties coming to Berjaya Times Square for some tarian 1 Malaysia thingy who yelled 'ohmygodd that's so cute!' at my board (well is it too colourful or.?) and ran over and hugged me. Well of course some no's and rejection is normal =/

Booths are all around and giving out freebies - Standard chartered bank's booth was giving out T's and notebooks by answering their online questions; Durex's giving out free condoms by answering their survey; and PT was giving us STACKS of their free calendars- 'Please, can I have some help of you guys to distribute this? We had brought many of these here and we wouldn't want to have it back.' (and Jason regarded this as exploiting our manpower, lol).


Hmm, speaking of the sculpture - Hmm i'm disappointed to be honest, it looked.. so different from what i imagined after looking at the prototype. (But compliments to the alphabet blocks and the red ribbon painting, looked nice =D) According to my friends,it's even weirder without the red cloth =S Well luckily the cards are well hanged and walking and reading all of it is like - you are gaining all the positive energy and what's so big about failing your conass LOL. Well i had been regretting not capturing a card with 'FUCK WITH STIGMA!'. That's epic.

For both days, they had been saying flashmobs are gaining attention - and had you spotted my buddy Mike in the picture? They had been doing a great job seriously, with Yi Yang, Yaslyn's, Brandon, Hillary's acting and all that, one of the audience beside me was actually asking 'Oh my god she really cried?' when she was watching Yaslyn acting =D I had never learned anything but was dragged by Su Meng into the CENTER of the crowd and there I go - oh mann plain following what my dear junior dances are doing. Great experience however. 


The most heart-warming thing is always the kind reaction the public gave you. =) I had all my guts up to approach this woman who looked serious and silent, and mustered up my courage to ask : "Hi madam, if i am a HIV + person, will you give me a hug?" (Well you are seriously not knowing what to expect from a lady like her =S) And thank god for His kindness, the lady actually asked me what is all the cards about and left me a sentence that get me moved for the whole day - "I think I shall buy some cards rather than hugging you right? Tell me how can I support this." She is such a nice mother which bought 3 cards for her 3 daughters to sit down and listened when we explained to them what HIV is, what HIV patients are facing and what should they write for them. =)

I had always wondered the power of children's performance. A row of them singing when playing ukulele can be so darn cute and melts your heart Awwww =)

Ahhh the song. I am really giving a big gratitude to Leong Hooi, for having to sacrifice his sleep time and uses his ohmygodd-so-damn-nice condenser microphone and mixing softwares to complete the song =) And bravos for all the singers! Especially Pei Yee, having constantly disturbed by my phone calls and SMSes to arrange time for recording during her grandpa's funeral =( It's amazing that you guys are producing this piece of work in such limited time. (And i had been publishing this to ERASE's page as admin [after Charlotte made me one because I'm active on FB -,- ] and everybody goes Ooh and Aah =D And Yaslyn looked good in the photo didn't she? )

And here's a link to the song : (Well personally I'm still questioning the need of putting lyric contributer's (and it's only a verse =.=) face into Music Video till now)


Big thank-you to all that made it happened! (We made it BIG!) And another thank you to Yueting who covered up my part when I'm off to Langkawi. [guilt] E.R.A.S.E! AIDS is seriously not transmitting through physical contact. And may God bless those poor souls living with it. 

2 comments:

  1. Nyeh, you forgot to thank me. -,-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehhe. Yea thanks to you for the selling of cards in Sunway =) You helped me a lot like seriously ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's up to you to say now.